Monday, April 4, 2011

Audio In My Ad


In the end i did choose 'Miss Hilton' by the Penfifteenth Club as my audio, i felt the lyrics of the song were fitting to the plot of the ad. Also the first part of the sing was quite gentle (listen for sound of, what could be a triangle of a xylophone) and then picks up upon my 'heiress's' entrance. I felt it 'ironically' fitted my own narration of the advert, while the song talks about the strong attitude of the celebrity, when used in my advert it could be said that the celebrity is being presented as someone who is too air-headed to realise they aren't always liked.

I used track ducking to bring the volume of the song down when voice overs were played, so the audience could clearly hear the narration of the ad but could still appreciate the background music. Unfortunately i struggled with the fading in and out of the music, the fade out near the end is very drastic and i was unable to figure out myself how to correct it.

I added in audio for my dog growling, and also brought the volume of the audio up when my actress was speaking, this also brought up the background interference which was a shame but i feel that the music added helps to disguise this a little.

The voice-over/narrative is myself, not just out of convenience but i felt because the main character was female then.. the voice over needed to be also, or there could be confusion as to who was speaking. I also feel that a female voice sounds more emotive, and i wanted sarcasm to be shown subtly through the voice over itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment